Grande Sports World and the Francisco Grande Hotel and Golf Resort welcomes US Club Soccer and their id2 program. id2 will be here from December 9-12, 2010.
id2 was established in 2004, US Club Soccer’s id2 national identification and development program provides an opportunity for the country’s top youth talent to be identified and developed for possible inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Team programs. There is no cost to the player to be scouted or recommended for the id2 program.
id2 TRAINING CAMPS:
id2 Training Camps are invitation-only events that bring together the nation’s top male and female youth players for four days of competition, evaluation and fun. U.S. Soccer National Team staff, some of the nation’s top coaches as well as elite guest coaches and players attend id2 Training Camps. In addition to the on-field sessions, id2 Training Camps feature guest speakers, lectures/classroom sessions and other offerings, which make for a complete experience.
• Recommendation/Identification: Any coach is able to recommend qualified players with national team potential for inclusion in the id2 program by using the Player Recommendation Form. These player recommendations supplement US Club Soccer’s own scouting process that utilizes a network of key scouts at the organization’s National Cup Regionals and Finals, during league play and at various other events and tournaments throughout the country.
• Evaluation/Scouting: Recommended and identified players are considered for potential inclusion into a corresponding id2 Training Camp.
• Invitation: Selected elite players are invited to one of several id2 Training Camps.
• Participation: Selected elite players participate in an id2 Training Camp, which are attended by USSF National Team staff to scout players for inclusion into U.S. Soccer’s National Team pool.
• Selection: USSF National Team staff selects players to attend USSF National Team programs.
id2 PROGRAM ELEMENTS:
• There is no cost to be included in the id2 program.
• US Club Soccer believes that capable players are sometimes overlooked for inclusion into the U.S. National Team pool because the players are not able to afford costly identification programs. The no-cost policy with id2 ensures that these players are able to be identified and developed, regardless of income level.
• For players selected to attend an id2 Training Camp, once players arrive at the hosting venue, all player expenses are covered. Lodging, meals and training gear are provided by US Club Soccer and Nike.
• USSF National Team coaches and staff in attendance to scout at id2 Training Camps.
• Familiar environment/no tryouts: Players are recommended and identified for the program as they compete in their own training and game environment with their club teams.
• Lessens schedule congestion: The program does not take players away from their club programs and game schedules on a regular basis.
• Apolitical selection process: Recommendations are made and invitations are extended regardless of a player’s affiliation; unaffiliated players are also able to be recommended and selected.
• Success stories: Numerous players that have been involved in the id2 program have advanced into U.S. National Team programs.
• id2 National Selection International Tour: A team of the best 18 boys from the fall id2 Regional Training Camps take an international trip, where they will experience the day-to-day culture of some of the world’s most well-known professional clubs while also improving themselves via high-level training and game competition.
HOW PLAYERS ARE IDENTIFIED:
1. Any coach is able to recommend qualified players with national team potential for inclusion in the id2 program by using the Player Recommendation Form.
2. These player recommendations supplement US Club Soccer’s own scouting process that utilizes a network of key scouts at the organization’s National Cup Regionals and Finals, during league play and at various other events and tournaments throughout the country.
Coaches recommending players should complete the Player Recommendation Form and return it to email@example.com.
The id2 selection process is apolitical as players are identified regardless of their affiliation. Unaffiliated players are also able to be recommended.